A chemical peel is an effective way of exfoliating the skin on your face. You may use an exfoliator on your face at home already. Topical scrubs contain slightly abrasive particles that gently scrub over the surface of your skin to remove dead skin cells and open up pores. Chemical peels, however, work on a deeper level than topical exfoliation. In a chemical peel, a mild acid, such as alpha hydroxyl acid, causes a “controlled injury” to the surface skin cells so that they will peel off and new cells will replace the old cells. This process works to reduce wrinkles, fine lines, scarring, hyperpigmentation, and uneven skin tone. Because chemical peels clean your pores on a deeper level, the chances of a breakout are reduced greatly. Skin cells that were damaged by the sun, discolored, or part of a scar a gradually peeled away revealing a more beautiful, even complexion.
What Kind Of Chemical Peel Do I Need?
There are many different types of chemical peels available to you. Some of the great peels that we offer at Skinatomy Laser Clinic include:
- Jessner Peels which are great for hyperpigmentation and acne.
- Melanostop Peels which are also known to work extremely well for hyperpigmentation and acne.
- Piruvex Peels which treat deep wrinkles and skin damaged by aging.
- TCA Peels which are another favorite for acne sufferers.
- Glycolic Peels which not only treats brown spots and age spots but contains glycolic acid which a primary ingredient in most acne products.
- Salicylic Peels which treats acne by penetrating deeply into the hair follicles to clean them out, clearing the pores, and leaving cleaner, healthier skin.
- Lactic Peels which contain all natural ingredients for treating wrinkles, lines, and hyperpigmentation.
The staff at Skinatomy Laser Clinic can give you more details about each peel and help you decide which one is just right for you!