Do you have fine lines and wrinkles around your eyes and mouth? Do you have sun-damaged skin? How about acne, acne scarring, or other types of scars? Are you tired of having age spots, freckles, and dark patches on your skin? Do you want to improve the overall look and feel of your skin? If you answered, “yes” to any of these questions, then a chemical peel may be the perfect remedy for what is troubling you! Chemical peels are a great way to renew your skin and have you looking fantastic, but how much do chemical peels cost? Read on to learn more!
Chemical Peel Basics
A chemical peel is a skin-resurfacing procedure in which a chemical solution is applied to the skin to remove the top layers and allowing smoother, younger-looking skin to grow back in its place. In a chemical peel, a mild acid, such as alpha hydroxyl acid, causes a “controlled injury” to the surface skin cells so that they will peel off and new cells will replace the old cells. Skin cells that were damaged by the sun, discolored, or part of a scar are gradually peeled away revealing a more beautiful, even complexion.
Chemical peels are performed by highly trained staff who will discuss your individual needs with you during a consultation, The process then takes about an hour. Full results will be seen in 2 to 3 weeks, but most patients leave already feeling refreshed and rejuvenated and noticing a healthy glow to their skin. Some patients may experience redness and slightly swollen skin, but this subsides in 1 to 2 weeks. During this two-week time frame, dead skin cells will continue flaking off leaving bright and beautiful new skin!
Chemical Peels Consultations Available
How Much Do Chemical Peels Cost?
One important thing to know from the start is that Chemical Peels are almost always considered cosmetic procedures. For this reason, insurance rarely ever covers the cost of a peel. This makes the full cost of the chemical peel the responsibility of the patient. With this in mind, here are the factors that affect the price of a chemical peel:
- The location of the clinic – the cost of living varies from region to region and state to state.
- The expertise of the provider – generally speaking, you will pay more when a physician performs a procedure and less when a certified technician performs the procedure.
- The type of peel you get–
- Light Chemical Peel removes the outer layer of the skin (epidermis) and can cost as low as $150.
- Medium Chemical Peel removes skin cells from the epidermis and from the upper portion of the dermis (middle layer of skin) and has an average cost of $673.
- Deep Chemical Peels remove skin cells from the epidermis and from the mid to lower layers of your dermis. This is used for deeper wrinkles, scars, or even precancerous growths. and can cost upwards of $3000 especially if the patient needs anesthesia for this procedure.
With all of this in mind, the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the average cost is $673 per treatment. The very best way to know the cost of a treatment based on your individual needs is to visit the staff at Skinatomy Laser Clinic. They can give you more details about each peel and help you decide which one is just right for you.
” I’ve done many treatments here for my face. From Chemical peels and face detoxes, to blue light therapy, all worked well. “*
Take the Next Step
Now that you armed with more information on chemical peels, it’s time to take the next step and schedule a consultation with the trusted staff at Skinatomy Laser Clinic. You can fill out the form on this page or call (647) 492-3887 (Toronto) or (289) 512-0188 (Mississauga). We would love to help you plan out a series of chemical peels that are just right for you!