There are two things that can be very hard on our skin. Unfortunately, these two things are unavoidable. One of these things is age. As we age, collagen production starts to decline. This begins as early as age 25 and unfortunately this cues the beginning of fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin. The other factor is the environment. The sun’s ultraviolet rays, pollution, and chemicals in various products we use can also wreak havoc on our skin. However, chemical peels are one great solution to our skin’s various problems. Let’s take a look at the benefits of chemical peels.
What Are Chemical Peels
A chemical peel is a skin-resurfacing procedure in which a chemical solution, such as alpha hydroxyl acid, is applied to the skin to remove the top layers of dead skin cells and allow smoother, younger-looking skin to grow back in its place. Many people exfoliate with a topical scrub at home. These home scrubs contain slightly abrasive particles that gently scrub over the surface of your skin to remove dead skin cells. Chemical peels, however, work on a deeper level than these topical exfoliators, giving your skin many more benefits.
What Are The Benefits of Chemical Peels?
There are so many benefits to using chemical peels. They are safe for all skin types and colors, which is probably one of the greatest benefits. Here are some other benefits of chemical peels.
1. Chemical peels are anti-aging. These treatments help to strengthen deep layers of the skin which will soften the lines on your face and give a tighter/firmer appearance. Reducing wrinkles, fine lines, and other signs of aging is definitely one of the most sought after benefits of chemical peels.
2. Chemical peels are very effective at shrinking the pores of your face. Pores get enlarged when clogged with dirt and bacteria. This creates unsightly blackheads. Chemical peels are able to seep into the epidermis to remove the dirt and bacteria. Once the dirt is removed, the pores shrink back to the normal size.
3. Chemical peels are an excellent treatment for acne and acne scarring. Acne is a very common problem for many people during their lifetimes. Peels can help control acne breakouts and help rid you of the unfortunate scars that acne often leaves behind.
4. Chemical peels reduce the effects of sun damage. These peels help to shed the affected skin layer and reveal a fresh layer of undamaged skin. Peels also stimulate the rebuilding of skin cells to bring about a brighter complexion
Chemical Peel Consultations Available
5. Chemical peels stimulate collagen production. Collagen is important in maintaining elasticity, smoothness, and in keeping skin soft and healthy-looking. Increased collagen production is always beneficial.
6. Chemical peels stimulate collagen production. Collagen is important in maintaining elasticity, smoothness, and in keeping skin soft and healthy-looking. Increased collagen production is always beneficial.
“I’ve done many treatments here for my face. From Chemical peels and face detoxes, to blue light therapy, all worked well.”
Take The Next Step
As you can see, there are a number of reasons that chemical peels may be right in helping you take care of your skin. Are you ready to try a chemical peel? If so, we would love for you to take your next step and call the professionals at Skinatomy Laser Clinic to schedule your complimentary consultation. We can help you choose the treatment that is perfect for you. Fill out the form on this page or call us at (416) 901-9392 (Toronto) or (289) 512-0188 (Mississauga). We look forward to helping you become the best you possible!