What is The ProFractional Erbium Yag Laser?
The ProFractional Erbium Yag Laser may provide resurfacing results, with minimal downtime*. The laser creates channels in the skin that are narrow in diameter and only established over a small fraction of the treatment area. Other treatment methods cover the full resurfacing field to remove the surface area. With this Erbium Yag laser, the healing response of the body recognizes the wounds and natural and rapid healing begins.
This ProFractional laser can treat skin that is a darker color and there are no pigmentation issues to deal with because there is no heat created. Other benefits that can be seen include faster healing times, less discomfort and fantastic results*.
*Individual Results May Vary
Benefits of The ProFractional Erbium Yag Laser*
Some of the many benefits include the following:
- Safe for darker skin – Other treatment methods use heat to provide resurfacing results that can cause pigmentation problems.
- Faster healing times – The surrounding tissue is not treated, which encourages faster healing.
- Surface area is left intact – The surface area of the skin is not affected by this method, which also encourages quicker healing.
- Thicker skin – The skin remains as thick as it once was since all of the surface area isn’t treated.
- No downtime – Clients may go right back to work following the procedure.
- Non-invasive – This is a comfortable treatment method that is easy on the skin and on the patient in general.
- Uses dual radio frequencies – Both bipolar and unipolar radio frequencies are used to target 2 separate skin layers at the same time.
What Body Areas Can be Treated?
ProFractional treatments can be used on any part of the body. The most popular areas of treatment, however, are the neck, face, hands, and chest.
How Many Treatments Will be Required?*
This will depend on your skin condition and your overall goals. Results may be seen with only one treatment*. You can ask your skin specialist how many times you will require treatments in order to reach your skin appearance goals. Treatment sessions last for approximately 30 minutes at a time. During the procedure, a covering will be placed over your eyes for safety reasons and then the laser is placed gently on the skin areas that require treatment. Most clients don’t feel anything during the procedure.
How Long is The Recovery Time?*
Typically, healing will occur quickly and most patients can return to work or their daily routines directly following the procedure*. Within a few days, you’ll be able to apply makeup again and any redness and swelling will start to subside. You may be prescribed an ointment or an analgesic that will help your skin stay moist. You’ll be asked to avoid sun exposure until you have healed fully and as always you’ll be advised to wear sunscreen afterward to prevent further skin damage and premature aging.
Take The First Step
*Individual Results May Vary